What to do when your inexperienced and Tafe/ Uni isn’t going to work?

I’m a 20 year old women, I’m living overseas with my family going through some financial issues plus family complications.

I’ve asked my older, experienced friends but they have much advise to really help beside from some suggestions and emotionally supporting me.

I’m heading back to Australia hopefully by February next year, I’ve got experience in retail, 2 years in customer service, receptionist, hand pick and pack and etc.. but they aren’t enough to find a decent job or to be hired.

I want to study more in TAFE but I’m an international student and University was never really an option. I also know taking courses would help to gain more experience and to branch out to different jobs. Of course when I go back I’ll have to find a job some how...but I why I’m asking on here is because I’d like to see if anyone could suggest a better option or plan.

You could look at distance learning options. Those are generally cheaper, but you do need to be careful to make sure it's a reputable institution.

You could also learn some new skills through MOOCs. There's a fee to get a completion certificate, but really the biggest boost is in showing you as a self-starter and giving you something more to talk about at interview.

I'm presuming you'd be an international student as you don't meet residency requirements, but obviously that's something that would change if you did settle back in Australia, so you could go back into education later as a mature student.

If you are Australian citizen, why are you waiting until next year to return to Australia? What makes you think TAFE or university is not going to work? You sound very negative, dismiss your chances for finding low-end jobs in retail, customer service, etc. despite claiming to have experience. But you seem to have no ideas where your talents, abilities, interests, skills, personality & character traits lie, and no clue what you want to do with your life. By the age of 20, you should have done some serious self-assessment, you should know what subjects you liked & did well in during high school, etc.

Since nobody here knows anything about you except that you are very negative & dismissive of any potential options, nobody here can suggest anything reasonable except that you have to change your attitude before you have any remote chance of figuring out what's right for you.

The world will try to tell you that you shouldn't be confident in your own ability... this is all a lie.