Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 6 months ago

why the flies didn't die with the Raid spray?

There was these flies that was bothering me in my room, I sprayed them and left the house for 4 hours, sprayed the whole house.

I came back and there are two flies still in my room, why they didn't die? is it because the air conditioner was on?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

They are either immune or the spray is old.

• Login to reply the answers
  • olivia
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

RAID acts like nerve gas, and paralyzes insect nervous systems. But you don’t need to use nerve gas to kill bugs in flight or on the ground.

Fill a spray bottle with warm water, add a drop of ordinary dish detergent, and shake it to mix well. Mist or spray the bugs, and they fall over and drown as water enters their breathing spiracles. Unlike poisons, this low-cost and nonflammable bug-killer spray is also an effective disinfectant, but is still rated safe for use on food contact surfaces.

• 6 months ago

Dunnnnnnnnoooo bro

• 6 months ago

Yes the air conditioner filter filtered out all the particles of the permethrin out of the air allowing the flies to still live next time you spray for insects use a fogger type spray and turn off the air conditioner and you might get them all next time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

I've had the same problem myself. It seems like they're getting immune.

• 6 months ago

That is the scary part about evolution. The flies and roaches that do not die from pesticides mate and produce offspring that will not die from pesticides.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Those fly sprays kill on contact, so if you don't hit the fly direct it won't die. You probably just missed those flies.

• Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It was probably a contact spray and not a fly spray which affects breathing. Have you ever considered that with these 2 flies in the room, you have breathed in the same molecules of air that was inside these flies?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

cause they like your roorn, rnaybe you should have sorneone frorn pest control corne over and get rid of thern, at least theyre flies, better than the bedbugs ive had to deal with

• 6 months ago

Immunity.................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.