Is it normal to still be a terrible driver after 6 times of driving?

I got my permit about 2 months ago and have practiced about 6 times since and I thought I’d be slightly better by now but nope I’m still just as bad as I was when I first started. And let me say it’s so bad that I almost get in an accident every other time and this last time I was in an empty parking lot thought I... show more I got my permit about 2 months ago and have practiced about 6 times since and I thought I’d be slightly better by now but nope I’m still just as bad as I was when I first started. And let me say it’s so bad that I almost get in an accident every other time and this last time I was in an empty parking lot thought I was turning fine but probably was an inch from a bright orange thing and I’m not exaggerating I thought I was gonna hit that.. The main things are my lane position where I go too close to the curb and can’t tell where to be and not cutting the wheel enough and reverse of course where I can hardly get it right if I’m backing out... were you still THIS bad at this point or no, idk what to think and am a bit worried for when I’m actually driving.