Are you related to anyone famous on ancestry?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yes, tons of famous people. One I won't say, because of negative backlash I would get if I mention publicly that I am related to him, but is a 3rd cousin 4 times removed. He died 140 years ago, but people still talk about him.

And then I'm related to 29 presidents, with some of my closest ones being the Adams's, with John Adams being my 4th cousin, 6 times removed, and his son, John Quincy Adams, being my 5th cousin 5 times removed, and both the Harrisons, including William Henry Harrison, who is my 4th cousin, 5 times removed, and his grandson, Benjamin Harrison, who is my 6th cousin 3 times removed. Rutherford B. Hayes, is also 6th cousin 3 times removed and Teddy Roosevelt is my 5th cousin, 4 times removed. FDR is my 6th cousin, 4 times removed. Warren Harding is my 5th cousin 3 times removed. George Washington is my 5th cousin, 9 times removed, and James Madison is actually one of my closest ones, being my 4th cousin, 5 times removed, and on another line, he's also my 7th cousin, 2 times removed. And I also have a line, that's "disputed" that could make him possibly be my 2nd cousin, 7 times removed.

I'm also related to several more presidents, but more distantly. I'm also a direct descendant of King Edward III on several lines. And then the first governor of Massachusetts, John Endicott, was my 10th great grandfather.

For modern-day currently living, Kevin Bacon is my 8th cousin and his wife, Kyra Sedgwick, is also a cousin of mine, around same degree of cousin-ship. I am also 14th cousins with Prince William and Prince Harry.

• 5 months ago

I can't say. I've never been on Ancestry.

• 5 months ago

several which are TOO boring to MENTION

• 5 months ago

Via the Ancestry site, no. All our notable people are too long ago and no one presently famous.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Shakespeare has King Henry IV say of him he was discomfited.

• 5 months ago

Yeah, apparently I am the illegitimate child of Osama bin Laden so....

• 5 months ago

I wonder if I am, but I haven't checked yet.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, a music celebrity and the founder of a city in Georgia.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

yes but the offical secrets act prevents me from saying whom

• 5 months ago

Old King Cole

really

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.