Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 9 months ago

What's the meaning of the hand gesture many girls do in selfies in which they cross their index finger and thumb in an almost pinching way?

It's done in a cutesy way and I think it may be influenced by Japanese or Korean culture like many other similar selfie gestures. Thoughts?

@Jane You mean the fist resembles a heart while doing that symbol? Because i don't see it. Btw, I'm not talking about when they join both their hands together in a traditional heart shape.

@Jane Okay, now I see what you mean but it still doesn't make much sense. Anyway, I was wondering because some girls on okcupid who I matched with were making that symbol. I'll give you best answer when I'm able to.

Favorite Answer

It makes a heart shape it's a cute heart symbol♡

• Jane9 months agoReport

Yes the pinching of the fingers makes a tiny heart shape, not the fist. It started as a trend in east Asia, I see it the most in Korean social media accounts but its spreading. Kpop stars make the symbol very often. It's a good heart symbol when you only have one hand free lol

Your curiosity

Your grave