Drinking water makes me feel sick?

I can’t drink water without gagging or feeling like I’m going to throw up— and when I do drink it my stomach feels disgusting and incredibly unsettled. It isn’t the water I drink either, as this happens no matter what type I drink (ex. bottled, tap water, natural spring water, vitamin laden water etc). It’s been... show more I can’t drink water without gagging or feeling like I’m going to throw up— and when I do drink it my stomach feels disgusting and incredibly unsettled. It isn’t the water I drink either, as this happens no matter what type I drink (ex. bottled, tap water, natural spring water, vitamin laden water etc).

It’s been like this for as long as I can remember, and at a couple points in my life I’ve also found out that it’s the same way with my grandmother and cousin (who’s on the same side of my family as my grandmother), so I suspect that whatever it is supposedly runs in the family. WHAT it is though, I have no idea. This doesn’t really happen with other drinks and liquids. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?