Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 6 months ago

Threw a shoe at rabbit?

I threw a shoe at my rabbit. I had been trying to catch her for about a hour or two and was starting to get frustated. I picked up a sandle And threw it. It hit it but she didn’t seem phased

I don’t know what I was thinking and I can’t believe I did it. I sat next to her for a half a hour cuddling and petting her apologizing. Will she be alright? She’s walking fine and acting fine. Nothing changed, I’m still worried

• Mog
    Favorite Answer

If she doesn’t seem to be in shock or in pain, she’ll probably be just fine. A sandal isn’t very heavy, so I doubt it did any damage.

• kat6 months agoReport

Thank you so much 💞💞

She will be ok. I promise. Don't listen to the people who said it broke your bond. You cuddled after what you did. Your bond is still strong. She will be okay (:

Chasing a rabbit to get her back in is only going to get harder and will destroy any bond you may have with her. There is a better (easier) way. Scroll down on the following page. It explains how to handle this situation:

Https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html

Well, that is a good way to damag3 any bond you are trying to have with your bunny.

Consider, they are prey animals by instinct, you chase them, of course they will avoid you, they are afraid. You have to earn their trust. Best for that is just let them do their own thing, their way. Chasing or grabbing them only scares them. They need to see you as something good.

Rabbits do not like to be picket up, they like their feet on the g4ound.

Very trusting, the tolerate a little lifting. Food motivated, they will come to you for treats, crawl onto laps, may even take son petting, but the trust comes first. Just àccept the personality the way it is. Be gentle with these sweet animals, hope you get the idea here, your rabbit will come around in time, doing nothing but sitting there with it.

hopefully she'll be okay and rnaybe you should get sorne help for your anger problerns