Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 5 months ago

What's a better place to live than California?

hmm. this is a subjective question.. its depends on the many factors. its depends on Where you live in California and how much money you have.. Some parts of California are horrible places to live and some places are nice.. Being a Southern California native from LA... I guess a place that would better all around would be Hawaii/Honolulu because I lived there before and it was waaaay better than California weather wise and scenery wise, people wise there more laid back but sometimes they can be cliquish and less jaded than LA people.

• Foofa

Many would argue that there are a lot of places better to live than California circa 2019. But us lifers are hopeful that eventually things will get so bad here that people wake up and stop the madness. When the plague gets up and running amongst the homeless population in downtown L.A. surely the UN will intervene.

• Betty

Florida...much nicer...

Middle eath is hoppin these days.

Depends on what you dislike about California. Try looking at AZ, OR, UT,TX ....

I think it largely depends on what kind of climate you like. Most other places in the US are either too hot in summer or too cold in winter or both.

I really liked Boise, ID. I could live there. Prosperous, friendly, easy to get around, cheaper houses. Oregon is also very nice, either the coast or all the towns along the I-5 corridor. Rapid City, SD, is also surprisingly nice.

And if you hate California not because of cost of living and the crowding but because it's a blue state, some parts of Texas are also very livable. I just came back from a trip to San Antonio and it wasn't bad at all. I think you'd find just as many nuts and fruits and flakes in Texas but they're a different flavor. 8^)

• Eastside Guz

I have traveled through mid-Oregon back in the summer of 1990 and there were plenty of pine trees and nice towns like Bend and Klamath Falls to live in and settle down...

• Will

Every place. Even Illinois is a better state to live in than California

• Frank

California is breakfast cereal. It is full of fruits and nuts and flakes. It is a beautiful place to visit on occasion...stay away from the people and the big cities...and you keep your sanity. If you live there....god help you and the laws and the illegals and the taxes and high fuel costs and the high cost of living. Northern CA is better. The whole shebang should be cut up into smaller states.

I like the upper "big sky" states. I've been through ALL the contiguous states. Montana! Wyoming! Idaho is pretty cool too. Oregon...nope. Washington...nope.

Nevada...not too bad. Utah...NICE...lotsa mormons. Oil in the Dakotas!!! Good jobs in the energy field.

ICE detention center.

• Cory

Hawaii. It's a lot cleaner and I hear there is a lot less crime.

• Cory

you have to pay for quality Smartypants, lol.