Cory
Cory asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

If ICE asked, could you provide on the spot proof that you were born here?

I carry everything in my wallet except birth certificate

YES, Drivers License, SSC card which can be verified, Military retired ID card, Medicare card which number can be verified, Birth Certificate, My Home depot Credit card, My Bank Debt Card, My MEGA HAt, MY MEGA T_SHIRT, MY I SUPPORT TRUMP BUMPER STICKER.

• RICK

Only the birth certificate proves citizenship, none of the others do

• helene

Sure. I can provide a legal copy of my birth certificate, which I had to order from the State Health Dept. in order to get a valid U.S. passport. Which I also have.

• helene

I don't have to, because ICE doesn't go around asking people to prove they were born here. But, if the bullshit premise of the question was real, you bet your *** I'd have the proof in my purse.

• Eva

Yes, but you are not required to show it to them or even talk to them unless they have a warrant.

• RICK

In thee south western states border patrol check points are common, if you got one brown person in the car everyone will be asked

Yes...I have a passport and a military ID card...both of which identify me as a US citizen. And in California, we are issued REAL driver's license IDs that also can be used for citizenship ID. Don't have one of those because I have the other two methods; so I didn't need a third one.

• oldprof

Each year about 8,000 non-citizens join the U.S. military. ... roughly 4 percent of those enlisted in active-duty military service are non-citizens. Generally, if a person is not a U.S. citizen, he needs to be a green card holder, i.e., a lawful permanent resident, to join the military.

Yes, ask me about American culture, ask me about American sports, look up on line and see where I placed in the state championship. You will see my name there.

It would be easy to prove I am an American.

And I speak English with a Jersey accent.

• TomB

Yep....and show them my Military ID and Enhanced Driver's License (Real ID compliant) too.

• Zirp

No need. As soon as I start speaking Dutch, they can hear that I'm native to my province

Yes. Birth certificate and passport in my file drawer. However, they don't have the right to just walk up without probable cause and demand 'papers please'. But I COULD.

I was not born "here".

• Lv 6

No, being an immigrant is disgusting and despicable. I reside in my nation of birth as should everyone else.