Atheists: If Christians pelted you with kindness instead of with the downvotes that they do, how would your feelings about them change?

Thanks for letting me know anonytard, so I can repost it

...which I will continue to do over, and over, and over again until it stays up...no matter how long it takes.

This is my favorite game.

Down-votes do not entail unkindness. If a school teacher who grades accurately results in an "F" does that mean the school teacher hates the student? No. Neither does the Christian wish to be unkind by down voting.

For the record, if a non-believer gives a sincere answer without attacking Christians, I sometimes up-vote.

• Gone Galt6 months agoReport

Mandrake, if you insist on asking, I take you for a fool of the highest order. Wish I could enlighten you but I am not a miracle worker.

I have a great many close friends who are Christians. We all get on well, and have helped each other through a number of difficult and painful situations.

It might make a difference in terms of my belief about the percentage of Christians who are utter hypocrites and the most hateful, unkind people on earth.

I understand this topic is emotionally charged for them. I feel fine with Christians I actually know. They are generally nice and with friends and relatives, they know the topic is off limits unless they want to be ripped to shreds by my reasoning. A few Christians friend at work did this and they walked away with their head hung low by the time I blasted them with their own bible and good reasoning. They certainly understand it's faith based and not reasoned based now.

Atheists hate God. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Only conviction of sin can save them.

• Killmouseky

Wrong. Atheists don't "hate God". They just know the very concept is an absurdity. Many see it as a divisive element in society. Read about the Thirty Years War. You'll learn what I mean.

My feelings would probably change if they respected and acknowledged that not everyone shares their nonsensical beliefs. I would also like them better if they stopped judging other people's lifestyles (e.g. LGBT) and stopped telling atheists that they're destined for their fictitious hell. It's just so obnoxious.

Sweetie, I don't have any bad feelings that aren't a direct result of my own flaws, not any one else's. Don't you worry about them; they're not your fault. You do you, boo. You're just fine.

• Cogito

All the Christians I know personally, many of whom are friends, are very kind.

We get along just fine.

• sarah

I don't blame them when you view what religion has one to mankind. Satan has hidden the truth in many false religions and he continues to use religion to make money. The Pharisees were rich money lovers who abused the average person. Similar to what religion has done in our day. Preaching young men into useless wars to kill other young men who don't want to be there. When religion tells you to kill others it is not from God.

• So, in this hypothetical situation, they would actually be acting Christ-like? I might start thinking there's something to Christianity, after all.