I'm 16 years old and my parents make me go to be so early. I must be in bed by 7:30pm and asleep by 8Pm, Who else has an early bedtime?

I would have a heart to heart talk with them about this, Tell them that you feel its too early and that as your getting older now could you stay up a bit later. Even if you say you will go to your room at 7.30pm maybe read for a bit or watch a bit of tv or whatever you like to do...Try and do it a respectful way so not too cause arguments but if they refuse and its making you un-happy at least you only have 2 years until official adult hood and you can officially move out. Get a job and get your own place.

• e9601:

That is just wrong. You're not a baby. Good luck to you.

Mine was 0930 during school nights at 16..

Why do you sleep soo early?

Far too early. How can anyone tell someone else when they have to be asleep by? Complain that you cannot sleep so early ... then ask to see a doctor about it so they can take you seriously. Sure a doctor would see the problem. One thing going to bed early but you should be able to read until you fall asleep. I think 9pm+ would be more reasonable for a school night.

• Tim5 months agoReport

No one goes to sleep that early you ******* weirdo

That's ridiculously early! Do your parents go to bed at that time too? If they don't try to have an honest adult conversation telling them you're not tired at 7:30 & suggest another time like 9pm. Make a deal with them that you will maintain good grades to prove you can handle going to bed later! I feel sorry for you guy! I hope you can work things out to your favor. Just try to talk to them honestly & with respect. Good luck to you!

• kim

That's farm hours. Maybe he was a farm boy and raised this way. Anyway his house his rules until 18.

Haha that’s funny I don’t have a bedtime either.. I usually go to bed at about 11.. I search the internet, text and do all that then put my phone away at 11 and get to sleep around 11:30 or midnight.

I am the same age and my parents make me go to bed at this time. Do your parents allow you to do anything once you get into bed?? I am allowed to read....etc It is important that children our age get enough sleep. Your parents might be a little overprotective but they also might just be concerned about your health!!!

Me too, but I think its funny because every night I go to my bedroom and smoke pot and call my friends until 11. So I laugh when they tell me to go to bed, because they are really reminding me to get high.