Who is responsible for paying for most expenses in a wedding? My fiance (male) has not contributed to anything?

I have paid money to book a venue, photography, etc but my fiance has not provided money for anything and my parents are mad about it. What to do?

• GEEGEE

In 2019, often the couple getting married pay most of the expenses, with some assistance from parents on either side. How the couple decide to split the expenses is up to them, depending on income, current expenses, etc..

• Kelly

The couple being married. If your fiance isn't contributing you have bigger issues.

However on the flip side of that if you have combined finances and your fiance is taking on more of your living and/or day to to expenses and you're able to contribute more to the wedding due to that then it may be a fair trade.

• Me

Thumbs up 100X!

Traditionally the bride's family pays for everything - and very often provided a dowry. This is because the husband was expected to pay for the honeymoon (is he?) and to be the provider throughout the marriage while the wife had babies and kept house. Obviously times have changed!! You and fiancé need to have some serious discussions about how your finances are going to be arranged during the marriage.

• Kelly

The brides family traditionally paid for the majority of the expenses, not all of them. There was also expectations of the grooms family as well. Grooms family traditionally is responsible for flowers, rehearsal dinner, marriage license, honeymoon, liquor, etc...

Traditionally it is the brides family that pays for the wedding so why are they upset

• drip

Wow, the two of you didn’t sit down and budget out the wedding together. !! This certainly doesn’t bode well for married life.

If you are fine with paying for everything, and that was talked about with your groom and agreed on by both of you, then you are fine.

• edward

When i got married i paid for everything. I gave money towards the dress but i don’t know how much it cost, i paid for the venue, plates, invitations, cake, flowers, literally everything. I had been saving for this wedding for 6 years prior to meeting my wife so i had a little saved specially for it. I could afford to pay for the whole thing. Traditionally the family of the bride pays for everything but in my case it was reversed since i paid for everything. And that’s outdated anyway.

• Lita

The people getting married are the only ones responsible for paying for the wedding.

What would you like me to do, or say about your fiance not contributing ANYTHING???

You could say mom, or dad I want you to pay, for EVERYTHING. Lets see how well that goes, for you. LOL

You still have time to change your mind from marrying your fiance. There are better males than that b***ard you chose.

Did he at least pay, for the wedding ring? If not then I suggest you don't consider marrying him. The least he could do is pay, for the wedding ring.

If he bought you a wedding ring then it's possible that the ring can be worth a lot of money, but I don't know if he bought you one, and how much money he invested in it. Perhaps the ring can be worth more money than what you invested.

Please read below.

Wilfred Rosado Engagement Ring – $10 million.

Blue Diamond by Bvlgari- $9.5 million. ...

Krupp Diamond Engagement Ring – $8.8 million. ...

Lorraine Schwartz Engagement Ring – $8 million

Above are 4 rings that are worth millions of dollars. I am trying to prove my point that wedding rings can cost a lot of money.

Source(s): I am a male.

Sometimes this happens when one person wants a big expensive wedding, and the other one doesn't care or doesn't want a big wedding. In that scenario, the person who wants a big one will pay a lot of money and be mad at the person who doesn't want it for not contributing.

Communication with "How much should you sacrifice for my dreams, and how much should I sacrifice for your dreams" starts here. Marriage is a new skill to learn and communication skills must be upgraded to do well in it.

1) You and your fiance are responsible for paying for your wedding. Who pays for what is between the two of you.

2) You shouldn't be complaining about your private financial and marital matters to your parents. If you are mature enough for marriage, you should be discussing this with your fiance.

3) There are two people in a marriage and your parents are not one of them. They do not get a vote.

In your case, the light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of another oncoming train.