How to convince my parents to let me get snake bites?

This morning I asked my mom if she would consider letting me get snake bites. She said absolutely not, as long as I'm under her authority it is not going to happen. If I'm financially dependant on her I can't get any body modifications. I asked her why not, and she explained that it's antisocial,... show more This morning I asked my mom if she would consider letting me get snake bites. She said absolutely not, as long as I'm under her authority it is not going to happen. If I'm financially dependant on her I can't get any body modifications. I asked her why not, and she explained that it's antisocial, it's creepy looking, it makes me look less intelligent (we both know I'm very intelligent though), it shows insecurity (according to her) and it'll prevent me from getting jobs. I didn't whine, yell or complain when I asked her. I just told her I think they would look good on me and I like them. She told me the most she'd let me get are ear piercings. I'm only 15 right now, it'll be three years until I can get them (assuming I move out the summer after high school). How can I convince my mom to let me get them?
Update: I do already have a job, I've had one since I was 13. I work at a golf course, and many employees have facial piercings (including snake bites) and visible tattoos that could be considered unprofessional. My boss has no problem with them. If it becomes an issue at a future job, I will put in clear retainers... show more I do already have a job, I've had one since I was 13. I work at a golf course, and many employees have facial piercings (including snake bites) and visible tattoos that could be considered unprofessional. My boss has no problem with them. If it becomes an issue at a future job, I will put in clear retainers instead. Also, I'm not looking for people's opinions about snake bites. If you're not willing to give me the advice I'm looking for, don't bother answering.
16 answers 16