Whats the chance,s of visiting New York City, i jump into a NYC taxi-cab,& the driver is a white natural born New York,er, English specking?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • MS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your chances aren't good that they will be US-born. But they might be white, they can probably speak some English (I've never had a problem communicating with a cab driver). If you're that racist and that concerned, the NYC isn't the place for you.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

white guys want to do it should do it but get pushed out of basic jobs that any idiot can do

politics

• 7 months ago

he might be White and english speaking, but native born? No one in New York, is FROM New York.

Rare critters indeed.

• 7 months ago

The people you describe can all get better jobs. They don't need to drive a cab. Because immigrants and minorities can't get hired for desk jobs, they drive taxis. Blame discrimination. Wouldn't you rather have SOMEONE willing to do the boring work of driving a taxi than to have no transportation options?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

The chances are greater that they will have BETTER ENGLISH usage and spelling than YOU do. Minimum of 6 errors in the one sentence you wrote. Yes, there will be many drivers who clearly were not born in NYC (or the US), and English is not their first language. I WAS born in the US, and English not MY first language, either. But most of us here eventually learn proper spelling and grammar - except YOU, of course, who came here to be racist and critical.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.