If you’re scheduled to get off at a certain time aren’t you supposed to get off at that time?

I’m supposed to be working only from 10-6 and I told my work that since I’m scheduled to get off at 6 I’m getting off at six and they are like if we don’t get this done or that done no one can leave I just think that if you are scheduled from a certain to a certain you should get off at that time idk.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Hey, Andrew Yang is running for President. If he wins we get $1000 a month from 18 yrs old to death. Think. That gives you a lot of power to not take any sht from any employer.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You think wrong. If they need you to work later, you do, or they'll find someone else who will. That;s how jobs work.

• 7 months ago

Here's the deal - you are walking a thin line. You are correct that the company cannot make you stay later then your scheduled time so feel free to leave at the end of your shift. The counterpoint to that is that the company is not obligated to give you any set amount of hours, so if you leave at the end of your shift and others stay t o get work done, expect that your hours will be reduced, maybe drastically (as in no hours which means no paycheck). Your choice but know that the company is going to favor employees that contribute to its success, not ones there just for a paycheck (which is the impression you will be giving).

• samantha7 months agoReport

We are only supposed to be working about 45 hours a week and if we go over that we get into trouble. I’m also the sales manager and I only have to stay if I don’t hit my sales within the day and I hit them. The only people that stay really late are the store manager and the credit manager.

• Dave
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Welcome to the real world. Even though you have a scheduled off time, there will be plenty of instances where you work later due to needing to get your job done. It happens. You get paid. Get used to it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

It depends on the type of job that you have. Especially if you are trying to work your way up the ladder or you are an exempt employee, you are expected to "pay your dues." It depends how much the job means to you. If everyone else stays late when it's needed to finish a project and you don't then you can bet if there are layoffs that they're going to keep the people that go the extra mile. If that's how you feel though you should probably find a place that doesn't expect that of you. Best if you can just make up a reason that you can't stay like child rearing or taking care of an elderly parent or a dog that needs to be walked and fed. You'll be looked on more favorably if you have a reason that you need to leave when the project isn't done. Clients pay for things to be done ontime. Those clients probably pay for your salary. So if you can't deliver and you slack off and leave it on your co-workers, you're just not going to make it far in the workforce.

• samantha7 months agoReport

I’m the sales manager manager and I only have to stay late if I don’t hit my sales and I hit them.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Technically yes. And if it's over you could negotiate overtime pay.

Unfortunately tho your company may expect you to work more without pay to meet deadlines. I know it's not right but some companies do that and is acceptable especially since some ambitious people will gladly stay without pay and then you look bad and lazy. They might even blame u for not working efficiently to meet deadlines so you must make it up by working extra.

Don't know if you in a small company or what the culture in your company is like but I've worked for 2 big 4 companies and you don't always get the overtime pay and it was the culture and acceptable although the law in my country says otherwise.

Please answer my question

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.