Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 6 months ago

How to start a conversation with anybody and overcome shyness.?

I’m very introverted and don’t talk much because I’m afraid of rejection and embarrassment I guess. What are ways some shy people overcome their shyness!

Favorite Answer

I didn't talk to people either. It's mostly due to not knowing how to act in a conversation I find. Like i'm guessing you are afraid of the convo going quiet and them just walking off and thinking that they hated you. I find you need to be the one to control the convo. Talk to someone practice some opening lines and what ever they say pick up on it and listen to what their import is and then add your own. If they end with something that stops the conversation pick up another opening line. Don't worry if people seem to not want to talk to you it is not you it is most likely them just not wanting to talk themselves. No one is judging you as hard as you are judging yourself.

just say hi. feel the connection between you and the person you wish to converse with. be confident.

If you don't feel like talking  just keep quiet..but if you like to talk to someone then figure it out!! Why not start with a smile and say Hello!!!

just be yourself and stay confident

I can relate to this because I am an ambivert. So my socializing skills depend on who I am with. But I always start by looking for a common interest with the other person. It's nice to still try and give the situation a chance right. You'll never know you might get along. Not all first impressions are always right.

just be yourself.

A simple hi and genuine smile will do. I think its a good start for a good conversation.

i have a similar problem

do what J said

Through relaxation of the mind see

Steven Schneider on iTunes ok?

And by using a mixed closed and open ended

Questions, practice with a buddy or doctor

Thanks

Very Best Wishes

Mars

Source:) 3.30am here. Wikipedia Re closed

And open ended questions.

Sounds like anxiety to me, not introversion. Most introverts (the ones i know) are socially adept and personable, but they like to spend more time alone than the majority of people to "recharge" (best word i can think of to describe it).

Shy and introvert have two very different meanings.

You can do research online to learn how to have a conversation with others and how to overcome shyness. All self-help works when we work it.

If you have to give speeches or perform, you quickly find out that when you mess up, it's not as bad as you thought it would be. I've had catastrophic failures that weren't so bad and I've seen people think themselves literally to tears. It was going fine but the slightest hiccup and they fall apart because of what's in their head.

Don't be obnoxious but just do it. The issue I see often is people don't read body language. I've been hearing all this about "use your words." It's been said that verbal communication is less than 10% or communication. Indeed I think most people are missing out on 90% of communication. If you bug someone, of course you'll be reinforced that talking is bad. But like I inferred, when you don't need to talk to communicate, you are able to.