Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Why doesn’t India get rid of its culture?

Realistically one of India’s biggest problem is it’s backwards culture and it’s backwards religions. If they got rid of their culture and religion and became modernized then their country would improve a lot. So why is it that they can’t just get rid of their culture/religions and become modernized?

What is stopping them? My guess is the corrupt people in power don’t want India to get modernized because they would lose their power and control.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best Answer

Yes, their culture doesn't make sense does it? Well when things don't make sense, nine times out of ten, just like you said, it's about money and power.

Their Hindu idea of reincarnation reinforces the idea that if someone was born into a high position, they must have done something in a past life to deserve it, and conversely the vast majority born poor must have done something wrong. So there is little incentive to get rid of poor performers in lofty positions, and promote gifted people in lower positions. Of course the rich and powerful are going to keep this lie going as much as possible to reduce the chances of being replaced for their incompetence.

That's probably the biggest reason why their Prime Minister has discouraged Christianity in the country because it teaches against reincarnation. Obviously when your country has a systemic problem of rewarding incompetence and ignoring competence, it's just going to stay backward.

• 4 months ago

INDIA!

Very Rapey Country.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

India has a culture? What is it? Rape culture? Digging up dead relatives and bathing them? Veganism?

• poldi2
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

I am sure people in India think western cultures are backwards.

Just because YOU don't believe as they do doesn't make THEM wrong.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Because you don't know what you don't know. There is also the matter of breaking tradition if you do know. The christian culture is a good example of this where there are christians in the U.S. over 3 decades behind modern thought, even though they gradually change towards modern times. Finally there is money because change does require cash flow, where they didn't have a lot to offer in the past but now they are gaining ground in the tech industry in terms of providing tech support at a cheaper cost. Their culture is changing and faster than ever now that they have a source of cash flow that goes beyond just surviving.

• 4 months ago

Interesting attempt at trolling. Not good, but different.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Jea
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

I have a long list of really stupid things you posted, time after time, but none of it has merit, like this one here. Start with the lie that there is a god. Prove that isn't a lie, drag that silly god thing out for all to see. Or get off my case. Why do you act like that?

• Jea
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The same could be said about christians. Why don't they change their death cult culture?

• Chi girl
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

"a pretend dead guy on a stick"? I see you're stooping to new lows -- getting closer to the edge. Get professional help. You owe it to yourself and to those who love you.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

What do you think they need to do first? They ground has so little nutrition that even their cotton is very weak. Any that can effort it come to the USA to get their cotton clothes! How would you get this ground permanently Fertilizer in and over their whole country?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.