my laptops never last longer than 1 1/2 years. why?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

mine is a used dell,lil screen laptop,replacing a chromebooks,, the stereo socket started dropping out 8 months after getting it,,then the power cord socket,,plastic fell from the inside,battery would not charge the device

it would regularly go to power off,restart,,die again,once a year,,you spend 50-100 bucks for a new one,get a pwerdrill to drill nice holes from through 4 points fro,the top down hit the hard drive memory cards,put it put in the trash

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

If you don't get a "circulation booster" setup, they will probably overheat. Heat kills electronics.

• 8 months ago

possibly Carelessness

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Dont know why not

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

maybe because you dont conserve the battery and dont clean and check them regularly, you should do that to have them last longer

• Fulano
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

What makes them not last?

Do they seem to "slow down?"

Or are they actually breaking physically?

Do you install a lot of junk that's slowing the computer down? Do you brows shifty websites or use file sharing? Those are great ways to get malware that will slow a computer down significantly.

Hardware doesn't slow down with time, but misuse and lack of maintenance will hurt their performance.

• 8 months ago

I have 4. All 8-10 years old. I have replaced a hard drive or two, and a charger.

2 are Dells, one is an Asus, and the other a Toshiba. Every one was used when I got them.

I wonder?.....is your computer really bad or, are you just having software issues?.....i.e.windows 10?

• keerok
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

This one is all about you.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Planned obsolescence. Technology is designed to have a limited lifespan so you have to buy a new one fairly often. They don't make money off you buying a new laptop every 20 years.

• 8 months ago

Because you dont take care of them

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.