What would it take to convince you that there really was some kind of afterlife?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Very little. I have enough evidence to convince me that reincarnation exists.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tom
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The question is an open one for me. The most advanced Physics theories would allow for the possibility as in a parallel universe or consciousness itself being PART of the universe. Then there is the speculation that various unexplained (so far) Phenomena is suggestive of an afterlife (no proof actual Ghosts exist though or what they really are)---The best evidence we have, of kids remembering verifiable "past Lives" tends to suggest REINCARNATION---a kind of recycling of consciousness. (I certainly hope NOT)

• j153e
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A book like "Imagine Heaven" by John Burke or maybe "The Path of the Higher Self" or "Testimony of Light."

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Some kind of afterlife? That’s an open question. No afterlife at all to me, is even less likely than none at all and is only one option amongst an array of many.

A belief in no afterlife from a materialistic viewpoint makes absolutely no sense to me. It often confuses me how people can say there is no creator but the universe is eternal, then in the next breath say that life, consciousness is temporary? As if somehow consciousness is separate from the universe ? As if these things are magical just because it cannot be measured . If the universe is eternal then so is everything in it

• ...Show all comments
    • 6 months agoReport

If the the universe is eternal then every possible eventuality has occurred not just once, but for eternity. It never started, nor ended. Now if there is a creator, then the creator may be eternal, but maybe not the universe? Maybe a creator allows us to cease to exist?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 👻
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

You don’t seem to comprehend “imagining” is something one has control over. Imagining is pretending your toys are alive and talking. Imagining is pretending a goat is standing in my room right now chewing through my clothes.

Communication with spirits is not your control, anymore than a conversation with another living human being is. You receive their messages through various ways, and those of us who have received such messages, know the difference.

• 6 months ago

With 2,019 years and no contact from the Christian God, Jesus, or the holy ghost to my family dead or alive, the afterlife seems kinda suspect.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

There might be an afterlife but I’m too bad for heaven

• English Guy
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

You either look at this on a paranormal plane or a physical one but you can't compare paranormal with your earthly existence.

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Acceptance by the scientific community -- based on published, peer-reviewed studies.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Nothing. What has convinced me is if I can not recall a life before I was born because there was no mind to perceive of one it will be the same way when the mind is gone.

• atomic fireball
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

You can be in touch with aspects of a previous life up until approximately the age of five and after that point the memories start to fade more and more. Some of us have had experience with this with our children for example.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Evidence of a before life since right now there's only evidence of a now life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.