Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsRodents · 6 months ago

Why is my hamster urinating blood?

He’s a male Syrian about a year old he’s never had any health problems before. I’m selling my house currently and a some children visited the house today and I’m worried they may have squeezed him during the showing. Because there was no blood in his cage earlier in the day when I cleaned it, but there was some this evening when I returned home. He’s behaving normally didn’t seem to be in pain when I handled him and seems to have good energy. Should I be worried?

I would look to its poop.

If that looks normal and regular,likely no worries. Just be watchful of more blood, change in behavior or pooping.

.................

I know nothing about hamster help but urinating blood does not sound healthy. I would 100% recommend taking your hamster to the vet. Luckily small animals come with a smaller cost. If you have an animal you should be able to afford to take to the vet. Please for the sake of your animals well-being take them to the vet to get checked out.