Should I rent a car?

My wife and I are going to Palm Springs for our honeymoon in a week and a half and she wants to take our car which is a 2019 equinox. I got it in December. 0 miles. 7 months later 6900. Great. But to go to Palm Springs and back will pile up more miles. Not happy. Advice

14 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

You brought the car to use, so what is your problem? It will not be new for ever, you know that right? Unless you leased the car use the car and run the mileage up! I agree with wile hole heartedly!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Go to PS or go take the garbage to the dump, either way you are putting miles on it. Really makes no difference except you got the car. Showing off your wealth. I use it and I just drive to drunk fests. If they got beer, I put it in gear (and go.) Otherwise, take the BUS.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

how many miles to PS and how much will it cost to rent a car? (costco's got good rental prices). Not only are you not running up the odo, you're not using your tires or oil or trans fluid. But how far and how much ARE REALLY important.

Read a.hunch about PS in July

• 12 months ago

Take the vehicle and leave the wife at home.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bo
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

yea happy wife happy life

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Listen to your wife. She has a lot more sense than you.

• 12 months ago

You bought the car to drive it, so you should.

You are marrying or have married your wife because you want to make her happy

Forget the rental

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Cars are made to be used, Skippy. What's wrong with driving it to Palm Springs? A few extra miles aren't going to kill it... OR YOU!

• ron h
      Lv 7
      12 months agoReport

we dunno how many miles to PS and what it'll cost to rent a car. so no good advice.

• 12 months ago

What’s the big deal about putting miles on your car. My car is not even 5 years old, and I’ve put in over 73k miles on it. That’s the price I pay for living so far from work and not willing to take the transit.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

If driving your vehicle is going to put more miles on your car than you’re willing to accept, then you should rent a car without a mileage limit. I don’t see why this is a tough decision. You’ve pretty much answered your own question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.