Why do Evangelicals attack LGBT Americans and poor migrants while supporting sexual predators like Jeffrey Epstein, Donald Trump?

It seems like they are a hyppcritic cult that preaches the bible but acts in every way against the charity and inclusiveness that the Bible's New Testament demands.

Poor refugee Children are living in cages and drinking toilet water, but Evangelicals call them criminals. LGBT Children who have harmed no one just want to live as they are but are treated like demons by Evangelicals like they were by Nazis.

Are these possibly the Nazis of today?

• Jim2
    Favorite Answer

I definitely see your point. I wouldn't go so far as to say "NAZI'S", but I have lost my respect for them. I was frankly appalled when I asked (on here) "Would Jesus approve of the way Trump's Border patrol is treating Asylum seekers at the border?" on Religion and spirituality. I got the usual Yahoo insults, the question was moved 7 times to irrelevant categories, and I got a number of crazy rationalizations.

I quoted from the Bible "Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ Kind of scary if you are a believer and want to be an uncompassionate jerk, huh?

The question was reported and deleted within 12 hours.

The rationalizations were that verse applied to individuals rather than governments, that, as you say, the children were criminals, that the Bible justified it by saying obedience to the government (the US government in this case trumps everything else, and a few more I can't remember.

Seriously, some of these people seem to worship Trump more than they do God. It's a shame.

Epstein is an atheist supported by atheist Lawrence Krauss.

Trump is President. At least he doesn't hate US, want to help everybody else.

I don't think Evangelicals support Epstein??

Politics shouldn't be religion, never works.

Moral relativist. It's funny how they will try and get you to believe what they want you to claiming peace and unity when all it does is divide and cause chaos.

Evangelicals could give two sh|ts about the Bible. It's not what informs their values. They're unlikely even to have read it. Christians are consistently some of the most biblically-illiterate people I ever meet.

They attack LGBT folks specifically for one simple reason: It's an opportunity to condemn other people for a sin they themselves are constitutionally-incapable of committing.

Any other sin would serve to incriminate them, as they reflect on their own complicity in sin and tendency to succumb to temptation. That's precisely why it's radio silence on Trump and Epstein in that department.

• Bob

The Evangelicals are more of a voting block than a Church these days people like Trump, Epstein and Roy Moore are forgiven because they are on the right side for the Evangelicals. They get what they want like stopping access to abortion.

This is CNN.....