Would you rather get a Mosin Nagant rifle with an excellent bore or one that is a Finland marked without an excellent bore?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have a 91-30 mosin with an excellent bore then you have almost the same performance. So the atf considers the receiver a firearm but anyone that knows rifles knows that the barrel is the rifle. The barrel is all about the rifle`s accuracy. All the finnish barrels are made well and most are superior to the russian wartime barrels. The 91-30 triggers are hard to pull but they were meant for rough use in battle and the finnish triggers are smoother for accuracy to eliminate enemies by sniper firing before the enemy got to finland.

The finnish m39 price gap is not as wide between it and the 91-30 because the 91-30s have 3x in price jump the past 3 years. 300$ is average now for 91-30 and 400$ for m39 whereas it used to be 100$ for 91-30 and 400$ for m39 so guess what i would do?

The m39 is not the only finnish capture that is quality. There are a couple of others which are older like the 91-30 in overall looks with better barrels but may or may not have the D mark which i am told that oks the 7.62-54r ammo instead of 7.62x53r ammo. I am told without the D mark that lapua ammo has 7.62x53r for sale and believe me when i say lapua ammo is very good then it is really good and will fire in all the mosins.

The chances of finding a finnish mosin with bore close to specs is greater too because finns used mostly softer metal ammo than russian steel and not as much in battle.

• Mr.357
    1 year ago

If you want to shoot it, get a good bore. I if you want to look at it and are impressed by sparkly things, get a Finish one.

• Robin
    1 year ago

id rather have a Lee Enfield

• 1 year ago

I want a good quality rifle, "brand name" doesn't concern me, I wouldn't care if it was made in Mexico as long as it meets my expectations.