Can I rent an Airbnb/Hotel room at 17 if I turn 18 before the date I check in?

Hi all, I’m flying into Dallas in January to visit friends who live about 30 min north. However those friends live with their parents and I think the best thing for both me and them would be to get my own place to stay while I visit.

I’m 17 and I already bought a flight with Delta (you only need to be 16 to travel alone). However, I want to book a hotel as early as possible and I won’t be 18 until October. I’ll be in college and will probably be busy with midterms so I probably won’t be able to book soon after I turn 18 either.

Is it possible to book an Airbnb/Hotel room while I’m still 17 or will I have to wait until I’m 18? I want to book as early as possible and if I can now I’d love to. Thanks for any input and advice.

• MS
    Favorite Answer

Technically, you aren't supposed to because you cannot enter into a contract at 17. And you will be 17 when you make the booking and agree to the terms. You might get by with it though.

You need to be 18 to make the booking (legally)

Contact friggin Airbnb.

Source(s): Common bloody sense