girl asked in PetsRodents · 6 months ago

How to get my hamster out of this hole?

She dug a hole down the floorboards,(I’ve pulled all the carpet away to see better)my hand doesn’t fit down the hole. She’s been trying to get out but can’t climb up, someone suggested a spatula or big spoon for her to fit in but sadly these are too big for the hole :( very worried about her, she’s been down there a long time. Have no tools to pull up the floorboard and can’t go and buy any or call anyone as its 1:45 am here

Attachment image

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Towel with nap, wide flat piece of wood about two inches with notches in the side to help it climb out. Mosquito netting or nylon screening piece.

From the picture the floor looks like chip board and it's been chewed larger than the original hole, using a serrated knife carefully saw the hole bigger to the darker outer ring arouhd the hole, it may take about 30 to 45 minutes but the hole will be bigger. Later you can repair it with a piece of wood, and string, drop the wood through the hole, pull to the surface with the string. Use a fast drying glue or hot glue to bond it to the floor from the under side. Take 4 flat head screws and pre drill 4 small holes then screw in the flat head screws to holad the wood underneath that's glued in place to make it permanent. Fill the remaining gap with plastics in bonds or wood filler till level with the floor, no more dangerous hole unaddressed the carpet. Chances are if there's one there may be several the carpets hiding. You can check it out using a carpet needle and going around the whole room pushing the needle into the carpet and seeing if it goes downpour deeper than the carpet. Fix the found new hole like you die for this one so your pet cannot escape again.

Good luck.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

• 6 months ago

have you got a net small enough to enter this space place food in it allow her to go get the food bingo bring her up

• 6 months ago

Try a dishrag or a towel, something it can get some purchase on and pull itself out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.