Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 8 months ago

I dont brush my teeth but Im fine?

I havent brushed my teeth in this year either.

I havent brushed them for 10 years now im sure.. only a few times when I have some outbursts like: "okay, lets change my life.. I will live a normal and exciting life from now on. I will become completely different and better than my past self."

And a few times before going to the dentist, with all of my classmates and homeroom teacher in a year.

Im 17 years old, I dont drink Cola..

Its not that I dont like it, but I would really prefer other drinks to drink instead. I dont consider it a drink..

I drink fruit drinks instead.

I've never drank much alcohol..Only once, I did drink alcohol, but It wasnt even 1 glass. I didnt like it.

I've never smoked, and will never intend to.

I have friends who do not smoke, nor they drink alcohol.. but they already have decayed tooth. They drink Cola.

Neither my parents nor siblings understand how I dont have decayed tooth already. They think its because I dont drink Cola.

Will I be fine in the long- term though?

You are talking a major chance. You feel fine. But there may be trouble now. Even though you are young.

I would see a dentist before major problems set in. I don't believe you haven't brushed your teeth for 7 months, now. This is July.

• Math

Plaque will build which will turn to tartar. No protection against acid erosion too. Eventually you will have lot of tooth ache and decay.

You will then need a dentist and that's much more expensive than a toothpaste and toothbrush.

Not brushing at all is even worse than using a non fluoride toothpaste -- at least plaque is removed and no bad breath.

Your breath must be raunchy

Your fine for now until you see plaque building up,but you should at least brush your tongue due to bad breath

You would have a mouth full of plaque. Plaque causes tooth decay and gum disease, and can give you bad breath. Mouthrinse reduces the bacteria in your mouth, but to remove plaque you need to remove it mechanically, that is with a toothbrush and floss or an interdental brush.

Eventually you will get gum disease or cavities. I knew a girl who had to have her braces removed because she kept getting cavities and she had big white spots from poor brushing and drinking coke. She also has some brown spots on her front teeth not just the silver fillings in her back teeth.

• Kelley

Clean your teeth.

• patty

hard to beleive

• Lili

Long term? No. A lot of people get away with poor dental hygiene for years, but then they start to have a cascade of problems in middle age or even somewhat earlier. I knew someone like this, and she ended up paying thousands for dental implants.

There's a theory, shared even by some dental professionals (but not me), that brushing is damaging to the teeth. However, these people don't believe that you should avoid cleaning your teeth at all. They advocate flossing, rinsing regularly with a germ-killing rinse like Listerine, and using whitening strips or gels if the appearance of your teeth matters to you.

By the way: fruit and fruit drinks are full of sugars.

You can get infections if you don’t brush them