Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 1 year ago

Democrats, do you agree with Elizabeth Warren wanting to take the First Amendment rights away from white nationalists?

Elizabeth Warren: “We have to recognize the threat of white nationalism. We’ve got to call it out. As President of the United States, my Justice Department would go after white nationalists with full prosecution. #WarrenTownHall” https://mobile.twitter.com/ewarren/status/11078120...

I, as a conservative, oppose white nationalists having their First Amendment right taken away from them. If leftist ideology can have the right to propagate itself and run representatives like AOC, so should white nationalists.

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Democrats, if given the power.... would throw us all into "re-education camps" and/or "Work/Death" camps.

Leftists will change their names/Labels but NEVER their intent

1 year ago

She's not talking about taking away their free speech. She's talking about prosecuting far right criminal and terrorist groups for their crimes.

OTOH, we have a candidate for President in 2020 who literally has called for taking away the first amendment. That candidate is Donald Trump. At his gathering of whacko fringe conservative internet people the other day he said that news organizations which write unflattering stories about the president don't fall under the protections of free speech. He literally said that. If you're actually worried about freedom of speech, or freedom in general, in this country then that's what you should be worried about.

• 1 year ago

That simple line proves beyond a doubt that she is unfit to hold any position of trust. If she as a federal officer attempts to prosecute anyone because their political beliefs, it should be just cause to remove her from office.

• 1 year ago

I find it very peculiar the things that some people chose to be bothered by, especially with all that seems to be going on today. But I guess the white nationalists are happy that you will champion their cause. Not as an opportunity to throw a politician or a political party under the bus...but because you really really care, I'm sure.

• 1 year ago

1. White nationalists are scum.

2. She said nothing about restricting their speech. Only about putting them in jail. Where they belong.

• 1 year ago

Well, she didn't exactly say what they should be prosecuted for. Hopefully not for expressing their views, which they have every right to do.

If she means they should be prosecuted for committing crimes, I would agree with her.

1 year ago

To me it is very unpatriotic to be a white nationalist. You are basically saying you hate america.

1 year ago

I missed the 1st Amendment part in the quote

• Sally
    1 year ago

That's odd. I didn't see her mention 1st Amendment rights or taking them away. That must have been a voice in your head.