Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 7 months ago

Struggling to wear the burka?

I use to wear a hijab permanently from ages 16-20 and the burka for just a year. I took it off at 20 as I thought I look better without it and feel more confident.

Problem is I wanna start wearing it again but something just stops me. I tried wearing just the hijab but due to the hot weather I took it off in the cafe. And it was just a wrap around. I just feel insecure especially when I see other women who aren’t wearing it, I feel ugly. That’s not even the main point. I can’t wear it. Not just because of the weather. It makes me feel different.

• Mintee

nowhere in the Quran does Allah mention Burka, face veil, or abaya.. all the requirements of a womans dress are to be loose, not form fitting, not see th rough material, long enough to cover your legs and arms, neck and chest regions.. you dont have to wear gloves or socks, you can wear a light head cover, or scarf, you do NOT need to turn your clothing into arab clothing.. ...

Don’t wear the burqa. Wear long dresses and long skirts instead.

• sam

So first what is the reason you feel like wearing it again? Make that clear first to both to all and yourself.

BTW, I am neither pro nor against the burka.

I am Hindu. A kaffir to you.

• Kin

You don't have to wear the burka and you don't have to wear dark clothing either. People who do this, do it culturally.

Wearing a hijab or scarf is enough, your face and hands can't be covered. Your face is for Allah, so don't cover the face.

If you wear loose, comfortable, modest clothing and appropriate for the weather is what you should do as well and is enough.

You don't need to wear extra clothing or overbearing clothing that is a struggle for you because of the weather, you shouldn't put your health and your body at risk for heat stroke or other health problems. Unless if its colder then you do need to dress comfortably and heavy clothing that will protect you from the cold.

Just be practical about your clothing and modest. And if you want to beautify yourself, you can. No one said you can't beautify yourself. People love beauty.

Allah loves beauty as well, Allah appreciates beauty and Allah appreciates even more when you beautify yourself for Him especially when it comes to praying. You would want to be presentable, clean, refreshed, fragrant and beautiful for Allah.

You can wear stylish, modest, comfortable clothing when you go out. You can wear ornaments or jewelry, etc. You just need to be practical and what's appropriate regarding for any occasion or when it comes to the weather.