Should i upgrade my pc?

I have a i3 2120, gt 620, MS-788 motherboard. Should i upgrade the graphics card and psu? So that i can play some AAA titles on modest fps or save up for a complete new build?

Whats your total budget?

hell yea just throw the whole thing in the trash and get a completely new one

• Eddi

You probably can get an entirely new system for the price of a new processor and power supply -- with a decent warranty behind it. I have had bad experience with upgrading a processor and power supply on an old motherboard -- I basically blew it out and it was no longer under warranty. I assume yours is not. Luckily, that is the only component that did not survive. You can get an I5 based system with a mid range gaming card running Windows 10 new for about $500 with a warranty at an online stop -- take a look.

• Andy T

Partial upgrade would do nicely already. PSU is supporting element, that is obvious so it is called for if the total is siphoning greater than what you can provide on the wattage front. You need CPU/motherboard/GPU upgraded.

I assume it is DDR3 and you can reuse it for what's upgraded.

I am looking to buy some computers. I am overlooking the i3 CPUs, and I am looking at i5, and i7 CPUs, and there are other hardware components that I am looking at.

I don't think you should upgrade your computer.

• stan l

There's an old saying "you can't polish a turd". That's what you are talking about. Buy a new computer.

• Dick

It's not worth the investment in my opinion. Save the money you'd spend upgrading it and you'll be able to get a new machine sooner.

For modern AAA gaming that processor is probably below whats needed. While processor is generally less of a consideration if you put a newer GPU in that you will probably end up not getting the best due to the CPU

You could get a game you want and use task manager to see if its the GPU or CPU thats lagging.

Personally I would get a new pc and consider using the on board graphics till I could get a dedicated GPU as a future upgrade.

• Lv 7

an i7 or 4-core i5 is better suited to gaming.

as for graphics card, a GTX 1060 should handle about anything, though you may need a better PSU to power it properly...