Employers social media policy. Is it normal for employers to check your social media after being hired ?

I just started a new job. I joined a group on Facebook that gives advice on the type of job that I do and we can ask questions to learn more about it. The job I do is a medical coder. . Today my boss came to me and said hey I just want you to be aware of the company social media policy, then she said someone... show more I just started a new job. I joined a group on Facebook that gives advice on the type of job that I do and we can ask questions to learn more about it. The job I do is a medical coder. . Today my boss came to me and said hey I just want you to be aware of the company social media policy, then she said someone mentioned to her that I was on a social media group and she mentioned the name of the group . But I have never gotten on this site during work hours are on company equipment it has always been when I am not working and on my own home computer. I told her yes I am on that group and she told me that the company that we currently work for is on that group so she sent me the social media work policy. I looked at the policy and the only thing that it mentions is we can’t say the name of the company that we work for, we cannot say anything bad about the company, give out company secrets ,. I did not do any of that, the only thing that I put on the Facebook group was I was asking if it would be wise for me to take a certification test for my current position that I’m doing on my new job and that I was excited to start my new position. Now I feel like being on this Facebook group is a trap there are about 6,000 members on the Facebook group. Should I just not post anything in that group anymore even though I did not do anything bad? Also is this normal for employers to check your social media site even when you’re not using their equipment Or doing it doing work hours ?