I want to be a lifeguard. I’m an average swimmer taking lessons?

Today I did a body tow and it was hard. Anyone here a lifeguard that can give me some tips and advice?

• hamel5
    Favorite Answer

Swim laps - but, not just normal laps. Swim on your back, using legs only , with an elementary back stroke leg kick. When you can do that easily - carry a weight on your stomach. Do side stroke , legs only .

Do laps where you swim part of it under water, then surface to finish the lap. Go to a gym and do exercises to strengthen your legs.

Also, when towing - stretch out your arm - the longer you stretch things out - the higher in the water you'll be and it'll be a little easier.

If you get certified , you'll never have any problem getting a part time job.

Good luck

If you are not strong enough, it is not a good idea to become a life guard. Face the Reality.

You used to be able to sign-up to be a lifeguard and get certified at the ymca among other places. You do have to take a course. I hope this helped.