Does "She was charged with fraud" mean it has been decided so in the court of law?

Hello. I am not a native English speaker and I'd like to ask you a question about the exact meaning of the following sentence. "She was charged with credit card fraud" Does this mean an accusation was made against her in the stage before the final sentence in the court of law, or it has been... show more Hello.

I am not a native English speaker and I'd like to ask you a question about the exact meaning of the following sentence.

"She was charged with credit card fraud"

Does this mean an accusation was made against her in the stage before the final sentence in the court of law, or it has been decided true and guilty so she has already been sentenced to a punishment?

I am not sure if that is a final truth or merely an accusation by others that happened prior to final examination.

Thank you for reading.