Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 6 months ago

I have weeds taller than me that I am trying to pull. I have already sprayed them with weed killer and are still hard to pull. over 5 feet .?

I have weeds taller than me (5 feet). I have already used weed killer and they are still stuck. I cannot mow them because they are on rock

once they are dead roots and all, cut them off with garden snips or loppers and they will not come back. You do not have to pull them and uproot them. The disturbed soil will expose buried seeds, and new weeds may sprout if you pull up the dead roots.

Wait until after the next good rain to pull those weeds. You see, especially in rocky areas, the roots to the plants are clinging onto the dirt for dear life when they are very dry. After watering, the plant's root system plump up and are relaxed, so they are MUCH easier to pull when the ground has been saturated after a rain.

I always weed after a good rain because the job goes by much easier and faster. Also, after a good rain, I like to fertilize my garden and shrubs because the liquid fertilizer goes deep down into the root system when the ground is wet, rather than rolling off the surface of the dirt or not going down deep enough during a dry spell.

if they are in a sunny location spraying to saturation with white vinegar usually works well. This doesn't work as well in shady areas. Slowly pouring a kettle of boiling water over a plant has always worked in sun or shade. With either method reduce the plant size first by cutting it back to just two or three leaves,if possible

Water the ground around the weeds and the ground gives up.

• .

wet them down, let water soak in, then pull them or cut them down

• Joe

It sounds like you are in trouble. You may have radio active weeds which have acquired super powers. You're only hope lays in the fact that they will use their powers for goodness and not for evil. Good luck !!

Pull harder .

• Toruko

Thank you. We see so few answers with deep south plantation expertise.

• Speed

I did an experiment based on stuff I saw at Pinterest about killing weeds, and while two of the three methods I tried were complete failures, one worked so well I'm happy to share it.

Pour straight vinegar (white vinegar is what I used) on the weeds. Broadleaf weeds turn brown and die in two hours. Thin blades and grass took a day. Completely dead. Once they're dead, they break off from the ground easily. So far, the roots in the ground have not produced new weeds.

This wouldn't be a good method in a garden or lawn, but if you've got bare rocks and weeds, buy the big bottle and have at it. Here,a gallon costs $2.50.

• Mog

Make the soil wet

• Ava6 months agoReport

I have soaked the ground already. any other suggestions?
      thank you

Use a shovel to dig out at the roots.