Is my job required to pay me for forced shuttling to the job site if they don t want us to park at the location of work?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

no..............................................

• 1 year ago

You asked this question already, not using these exact words, but it's the same question. You do not get to keep asking until you get answers you like. And just like before, no, there is no law that requires an employer to pay for the time spent. You wouldn't be paid for the time you spend taking the bus if the employer has no place to park but has a bus stop out front. You wouldn't be paid for the time you spend walking to work if the employer has no parking and you must pay to park in a public lot blocks away.

• 1 year ago

There is no way for us to know.

• 1 year ago

If you have the OPTION of getting to work by another means, such as Uber, or a public bus, the answer is no.

If you are actually required to use that shuttle, the law MAY require you to be paid from when the LAST shuttle that would get you to work on time leaves.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

No, jobs aren't required to pay for parking/shuttle/bus etc. They pay for hours worked.

• 1 year ago

No, they are not.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

No. They are not obligated.

• 1 year ago

Nope. That's part of your commute which is on your time.

• 1 year ago

No. It’s your responsibility to be at work regardless of how you get there. The company has no obligation to furnish transportation or parking. I’m sure taking a bus, walking, or whatever is acceptable and shuttling is not mandatory. Parking in their lot is no longer provided.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

you need to ask your job this question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.