Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 5 months ago

Is it weird that I check my blood pressure 20 times a day?

I was diagnosed with Hypertension so I check constantly to make sure medicine is working.

• Mark

Yes. Once (or maybe twice) a day is sufficient. By the way, a reliable way to check your BP is averaging the readings of every two weeks, as there are times when it is perfectly acceptable to have higher or lower than average blood pressure, such as when you do exercise or have just woken up. And don't use those "wrist BPMs" - a cuff has always worked better.

To begin with Depending on the device you use YOU HAve to use it correctly... feet Flat on the floor sitting and at rest the cuff 1 inch to 3 inches above the bend in the elbow Tight enough getting a Finger in under would be hard BUT enough to slide a pencil or pen under ....The Arm should be on a desk or arm of the chair resting BUT near the level of the Heart ... take it once if the machine errors out for any reason loosen the cuff and relax for ten minutes ( same if you just took it, You cannot keep trying time and time and time without relaxing in between ... Taking your Machine in to the doctors office to get an idea of how accurate it is is important to do.... BEING OBSESSIVE taking it MORE then 3 times a day is Counter productive, because You'll just get all worked up and Raise your Pressure....20 times a day is a freakin waste of time...period I've Had Hypertension for many years and have been trying to get a handle on it for 10 years with medications 140/90 isnt Horrible Yet over 10 years being that high did damage to my arteries...my usual bp now is 114/72 30-60 minutes after my medications and because someone said something about meds keep it down 24/7 its often 125-130/ 75-85 13 hours after meds..... the obsessing only churn your stomasch more creating another reason for it to crank up, obsess over NAtural things IN your diet and Day to Day to help your Meds Lower it Example sodium , water, exercise www.heart.org >search High Blood pressure...lol thumbs down from a group of yahoo retards haha **** off

It's a little excessive. You can still monitor it, but not that many times per day.

But that's okay.

• k w

obsessive, obsessive, obsessive........

kind of cause it dont help to have ocd about it, i have it rnyself and i dont check it rnuch

• kelvin

that is way beyond weird

• Eva

20 times is a bit excessive, especially if you haven't found an issue to date. 3 times a day should be enough.

• MissA

Checking it twenty times a day does not make the medicine work any better.

It sounds like your worrying about your blood pressure, 20 times a day, might be contributing to it's being high.

your making that up bc blood pressure isn’t a thing in minecraft. there’s only hunger and health