Why would anybody choose to move from England to Australia. Other than being prison transported. When it is such a massive step down?

Favorite Answer

I arrived under a document of identity as a 2yo, so I had bo choice in the matter. I have Aus citizenship and identify as an Australian. My parents moved for a new life, a warmer climate and to help improve my fathers health; illness had plagued him since serving in WW2.

My parents saw opportunities for a better life in Australia and were impressed enough to never wish to return, albeit for holidays. Also father wanted to return to the country his father, soldier-settler, had received a land grant in Manjimup (near Pemberton) W.A. Although grandfather was killed in a blasting accident my father had fond memories of Australia and following WW2 wished to re-emigrate. I have only one brother who returned to the UK; he prefers cooler weather and the lifestyle there. None of the rest of us would ever think of moving back though. I think we are all financially better off, had better opportunities and enjoy a better lifestyle in Australia than we would if we had stayed in the UK.

• Fred

The trouble with moaners like you is you want the place you move to, to be just like the place you left because you wanted a better life. People who have come from England to live in Australia wanted a better lifestyle and most found it and embraced it in Australia. They wanted the more relaxed lifestyle Australians lead, and the warmer climate. They found they had more room here to move and many found they had a better home and life here.

I remember a British family who came here back in the 1970s. The Mother used to get homesick and the family went back to England to live but within 2 years each time they were back in Australia and were saying although for a while they were happy back in England they soon realised Australia offered a better lifestyle and they lived a much better life out here in Australia.

If you like England so much why don't you go live there Centrelink as all you do is complain about Australia. I personally doubt you have been far from your own bedroom in your life and have little idea of what Australia really offers to those who make some effort.

Its very complicated. It's a very good warm and hot country with exotic beaches and is very clean in Sydney, Gold Cost I heard is also got good beaches but probely less tydey. In the saying so, it is better for those that move out their to make a living their other than staying in the UK where we are fully open to politics and bringing in foreigners who aren't investing in our country nor are they bringing a Proffesinal level that a UK person couldn't give. Therefore the UK is loosing a lot of jobs to foreigners and going under a lot of politics due to giving out Benifits to those foreigners that are coming in just for that sake and then allowing them to work in any job. Where as uk people that move to Australia have to have a specific professinal level in a specific job that will bring welfare to the popularity that a person in Australia couldn't so much give.

• Dj2541

The obvious answer is the tens of thousands of immigrants who came here from Britain as 10 pound poms?

Australia rulessssssssssss

UK is full of barbarians , So is Australia.

Decent beer???????????????

• arther

You've never been to UK have you.

for better weather and more work prospects and at the moment more white people except for Melbourne

HAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAA....

That's funny. Or at least, for Australians, that's pretty funny...