Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 6 months ago

Did I Mess Up?

I sent in an audition tape for a reality TV show three days ago and have not heard back.

It's a dating show, and while parts of my tape are happy and funny, I started my tape out with a tragic backstory about my life.

Was this a bad move?

• Tina

No. A tragic back story can be your chief advantage.

Three days? It's nothing. More like three weeks.

• Cogito

Give it at least a month before you conclude that they've rejected you.

But remember that they want people who are going to be ready to make total idiots of themselves in front of millions of viewers and are the most outrageous. Reality TV is all fixed and carefully directed to make the participants look as foolish as possible. They usually succeed.

• Z

3 days is too early to start panicking. Relax and wait a while, if this one doesn't work out, the right show will come to you. What's important is that you are doing something about your ambition and each subsequent tape you make will get better and better, and eventually something will happen. Best of luck.

Totally bad move! Nobody wants to hear your sob story. Everybody has one. It's not inspiring to anyone. Focus on the positive, ya know?

• Tina

Sadly everyone else might have thought the same. Still, good luck if that's what you really want.