Is the Ford Mustang ideal for long trips?

Whether it is or not, it's still one of my dream cars.

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If you like paying for gas, yes. My preferred mode of transport is a Citroen Picasso diesel. 60 mpg plenty of room and will cruise at 70 mph all day.

• 1 year ago

Depends on your ideals. I am perfectly comfortable driving driving 300 miles in the morning, then driving back home the same day. My wife says the ride is too stiff, would rather ride in my 20 yo 2500 Ram.

• Bill
    1 year ago

I have driven many long trips in Mustangs. One trip was 500+ miles in a 95 Cobra R in the summer. It was hot and stiff riding and not even a radio but an absolute blast of a trip.

• Jay P
    1 year ago

Sure...for one or two people and with limited luggage.

But there are far better vehicles for road trips, especially if there are 3 or more people in the car

• JetDoc
    1 year ago

We rented a new Mustang convertible for our vacation last winter. Thought it would be a cool ride in Hawaii, but ended up HATING it! The windshield is tilted back too far to make it difficult to get in or out of the car. There is no back seat leg room, so it's strictly a two-person vehicle, and even with a V-6 engine, the fuel mileage sux!

1 year ago

Limited trunk space and virtually no back seat room. Plenty of stretch-out room for front passengers. Enough substance and good aerodynamics to avoid being blown off the highway by a passing bird. Plenty of power - even with 6 cylinder - for effortless cruising at interstate speeds. And good stereos !!!!

A lot nicer than some tinnie rice grinder that's clapped-out at 50 mph . . . trouble-free rear drive so if something does happen on your trip, easily fixed anywhere.

added: yeah, I want to be in a Citroen Picasso diesel in the middle of nowhere looking for fuel, parts or a French mechanic cuz I'm clueless.

• 1 year ago

Yes, Ford Mustang is suiatble for long trip.

• CB
    1 year ago

Nope, they have a stiff suspensions and loud interiors and were never designed for long trips. Ideal is a Chrysler 300 or Lincoln/Cadillac type sedans.