Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

would you abort your baby with down syndrome?

I am devastated and cant decide what to do

Thank you all for your answers. I am not a believer, nor will I ever be, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that, which is ok. I am really considering getting an abortion, by the information you all have given, both sides have a great point, but I don't want my baby to have that kind of life ...

No, that is not a reason for murder.

No. My parents have adopted many kids and one has Down syndrome. The biological mom wanted to give him a chance so she chose adoption. A baby with down syndrome has made me and my family smile. Yes, it changed our world upside down, but it also blessed our family.

Yes it was scary at first but me and my family love him more then imaginable.

Also many are successful. My cousins who are twins just graduated high school. One has Down syndrome and one has Down syndrome and autism and they both have jobs.

No, I would at least want to give them a chance at life and kids with Down syndrome are so sweet and happy! I do also know people with Down syndrome who have jobs.

• Ronald

Ultimately, you have to decide. If I were at your place, I would have considered to accept the fate and love raising my child with affection.

• B

no more than if the baby were a girl

• Cammie

This has to be your choice.

Yes.

Callous I know but I want a hassle free motherhood.

• Tri-Harder

The OP asked what WE would do so we certainly can "pontificate" on what OUR choice would be, and all the comments in this thread are in regards to scaleneshona's ludicrous comment about a "hassle free motherhood" anyway.

No, I could never do that, They do have a right to live my friend.

• Tri-Harder

Actually Edna, "most" people with Down Syndrome fall in the mild/mod range, not mod/severe or severe. "Most" do not end up institutionalized. Very very few require institutionalization. It's actually RARE for people with Downs to have cardiovascular disease.

• tony

People with Down syndrome can live healthy, happy lives.my nephew has it but God blessed him at age 25 he is a football player and play piano for the church.

https://themighty.com/2018/03/mom-told-to-abort-ba...

• Killmouseky

There never was, isn't & never will be any "God."

It would be devastating to receive such news. Would I be doing a service or disservice in letting a DS child live? Too bad I couldn't ask the child what he or she wants. This would be a very difficult decision, not something I'd make in haste. Would the child's mother and I be able to meet and handle the demands that come with raising such a child? Would we have the support of our family and friends, because we're going to need them.