Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

would you abort your baby with down syndrome?

I am devastated and cant decide what to do

Update:

Thank you all for your answers. I am not a believer, nor will I ever be, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that, which is ok. I am really considering getting an abortion, by the information you all have given, both sides have a great point, but I don't want my baby to have that kind of life ...

42 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

No, that is not a reason for murder.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

No. My parents have adopted many kids and one has Down syndrome. The biological mom wanted to give him a chance so she chose adoption. A baby with down syndrome has made me and my family smile. Yes, it changed our world upside down, but it also blessed our family.

Yes it was scary at first but me and my family love him more then imaginable.

Also many are successful. My cousins who are twins just graduated high school. One has Down syndrome and one has Down syndrome and autism and they both have jobs.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No, I would at least want to give them a chance at life and kids with Down syndrome are so sweet and happy! I do also know people with Down syndrome who have jobs.

• Ronald
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Ultimately, you have to decide. If I were at your place, I would have considered to accept the fate and love raising my child with affection.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • B
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

no more than if the baby were a girl

• Cammie
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

This has to be your choice.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes.

Callous I know but I want a hassle free motherhood.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

The OP asked what WE would do so we certainly can "pontificate" on what OUR choice would be, and all the comments in this thread are in regards to scaleneshona's ludicrous comment about a "hassle free motherhood" anyway.

• 7 months ago

No, I could never do that, They do have a right to live my friend.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Actually Edna, "most" people with Down Syndrome fall in the mild/mod range, not mod/severe or severe. "Most" do not end up institutionalized. Very very few require institutionalization. It's actually RARE for people with Downs to have cardiovascular disease.

• tony
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

People with Down syndrome can live healthy, happy lives.my nephew has it but God blessed him at age 25 he is a football player and play piano for the church.

https://themighty.com/2018/03/mom-told-to-abort-ba...

Attachment image
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

There never was, isn't & never will be any "God."

• 7 months ago

It would be devastating to receive such news. Would I be doing a service or disservice in letting a DS child live? Too bad I couldn't ask the child what he or she wants. This would be a very difficult decision, not something I'd make in haste. Would the child's mother and I be able to meet and handle the demands that come with raising such a child? Would we have the support of our family and friends, because we're going to need them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.