How can I get my 2 year old child from breast feed to bottle feed? He didnt take bottle from so long. He took it in 6mnths of his birth.pl?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

A two year old needs neither a bottle or to be breast feed. You need to stop and give the child only cups

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Simple - just refuse to breast feed him. Give him ALL liquids from normal cups and glasses and move on.

• GB
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Did he start refusing a bottle at 6 months and want to go back to breast feeding? Or was he taking neither? Your question is unclear. If the first, could you go away for a break of say 2 days while your child's father or grandparents look after him? Some mums have done this to wean a toddler off the breast. I also suggest offering a sippy cup, but if won;t take it, then use a bottle.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

2 year olds don't need bottles. It's not good for their teeth. Just offer a cup.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Just use a cup. While breastfeeding is still totally fine, there's no need to transition through a bottle at age two.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If he is 2 years old, he no longer needs breast or bottle. Time for him to be a big boy.

• 7 months ago

If you really mean 2 years old and not 2 months old, your child should be learning to use a cup now.

He should be able to just pick it up (but the cup and the concept) having watched other people for 2 years.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.