Stage kiss anxiety?

So I'm in production as the female lead and I'm 16, the Male lead is 21 and there's a kiss scene. Thing is, I haven't kissed anyone and it feels awkward to ask to do a fake one since other couples in the show are doing real ones. Our director hasn't asked us to yet, but we open in a few weeks and the anxiety is just building and building and I don't know what to do. Help please?

Favorite Answer

It's important to have this discussion with your scene partner to know what they're comfortable with, but if neither of you feel a typical stage kiss (putting your thumbs in between over their lips while grabbing their face), hopefully a quick peck will be okay. People have different opinions, but I personally don't feel like a peck really counts as a kiss. If the dialogue doesn't state it, lots of directors are okay with a kiss on the cheek/forehead. I actually just had my second stage kiss tonight! I was really nervous about it (and you probably are too), especially since there were lots of our friends onstage. The first time won't be perfect, but it's not gonna be as bad as you probably expect. It's a lot more awkward leading up to it, and then I promise you'll both just get more comfortable as the production continues. Remember to use a lip balm and mint, and good luck!

the nerves are the worst part. he'll be nice about it, just be confident (or at least pretend to be) and i promise it will all be fine

Ask for an AIDS test for the guy, that'll calm your nerves.

Source(s): When Janet Jackson had to do a kissing scene with Tupac, she demanded he'd get tested for AIDS first.

Ask the director for some after session help, he'll be happy to help.

The anxiety is much much much higher than the actual kiss.

In reality, there is nothing to it. It’s a relaxing, pleasing experience, which is why people do it. You just relax, and enjoy the feeling of being close and sharing that intimacy.

However the guy is certainly not going to be offended if you ask him aside, and ask him to teach you. Then you will have gotten over the mystery of it, and have the perfect excuse LOL.

Go to your co-star and plan together to start kissing on stage when the scene is rehearsed.

Hire a gigolo to reach you.