My rear camera for Snapchat won t focus?

I have a Samsung Galaxy s10 plus. The normal camera works fine, but when I use Snapchat, the rear camera won t focus. It keeps trying to focus, but its always a blur. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, but it didn t help. Anyone know how to fix this issue?!

• Frank

Most of the time what causes this problem is that the camera is too close to the subject. Another cause is the scene is too low in contrast (e.g. an all-white scene).

Check your camera setting then see. If you've got a wide lens aperture set on it you'll probably struggle to get it to focus. I assume you're holding the phone at arms length as you chat?

It's the application, often times it cannot recognise the difference between fixed focus and auto focus, so photos will ALWAYS be blurry when using the rear camera, regardless of device used.

• Bill

Clean the lens. If you use it indoors or at night, you may need more light.