promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 11 months ago

Could I die if I stop taking my high blood pressure medication for 1 month?

I ran out of medication and won't be able to see a doctor for a month due to changes to health insurance.

My blood pressure if I skip a day is 175/115. Can I make it to a month?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

there is always a chance

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Blood pressure that high is not good. Most likely you won't, but you should ask your

doctor to call it into the pharmacy for you.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

You could die even taking your medications, Call your Doctors Office explain WHO you are and that YOU need your Prescription filled asap, because yOur out, Explain your next appointment is posponed due to the Insurance issue.... its quite simple really... and Its too late to change your Blood pressure by drinking tap water.... IT could take you 4 or 5 years to change the 20 years of NOT doing it right ......

• 11 months ago

Start drinking more water and give up the water substitutes. High blood pressure is a condition associated with chronic dehydration.

You don't have to believe me (most don't) - just try it. You've got nothing to lose but the high blood pressure, and since the body needs water anyway, it won't hurt nor create any side effects.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

That is much too high. Pay for the medication.

• 11 months ago

i would call your doctor, they ae prograrns out there if you cant afford stuff, i had 5 surgeries without insurance, one is the indigent care prograrn, theres places that rnight give you discounts on rneds too

• 11 months ago

Don't chance it. Call your current doctor and ask to have a new prescription.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.