promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Shilo
Lv 7
Shilo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

What do you think of Rep, Robert Foster (MS-R,) candidate for Governor, refusing to be alone with a female reporter as a "ride along"......?

......during a day of campaigning?

He has invoked the 'Billy Graham' rule of not spending alone time with another woman other than one's wife.

He claims he trusts himself completely, but "perception is reality."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/10/politics/robert-fos...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's unfortunate that our society has reached this point, but I totally understand his concern.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sfancik
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

One option for that paper would be to only hire male reporters. Why pay two people to cover elected officials when a man can do it by himself? Every elected official takes an oath to uphold the Constitution and that includes equal protection, if his religion precludes that he should resign. (imo)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There are many men who do that. Most executives have a policy of never closing their door if they are in the office with a female. And, he has a secretary whose job it is to keep it open. Like even in an open meeting, she will walk in just so the other party will know that they can't tell a lie and get away with it.

• 9 months ago

in this day of "guilty before proven innocent," social media hoaxes and #MeToo-inspired hysterics...he's wise not to trust that others have the same values...

...and this is obviously backed up by the level of intolerance towards those values seen among your other responses...

• 9 months ago

What's there to think about it?

This is just basic common sense in today's environment, especially for a public figure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Typical of the "christian" mindset I guess. This guy can't see a woman as a professional journalist but only as a sexual object and a "temptation". In his defense, you learn more about him as a result of him doing this then you probably would from any report this journalist would have done so, in a way, she was able to do her job after all.

And when you're considering the pros and cons of equal pay for equal work arguments, consider that in many cases, women get paid less and have to work that much harder.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sfancik
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

Well, now I suspect him. That's really one of the primary issues I notice with conservatives. They seem to be very cognizant of their own rights but oblivious to how the exercise of those rights might infringe upon the rights of others. Maybe this paper should just hire male journalists???

• 9 months ago

Have you ever taken the mandatory training at work? You have to avoid the appearance that anything could be wrong.

Have you ever taken the youth protection training for scouts? You go to great lengths to avoid the possibility that anyone could even think it possible that something is wrong.

We do not live in Mayberry. Nobody did.

• 9 months ago

Good for him

He ISN'T the 1st politician to do this.

Seems to me that one of the 2016 Republican Candidates for President did the same.

• -j.
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

He trusts himself completely, so what's the problem? He doesn't trust her? Because she's a woman?

Sounds like he doesn't think very much of women. Perception is reality indeed.

• ...Show all comments
    • -j.
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Yes, or block me, but continue to post responses to my comments like an intellectually dishonest coward.

You know, like Ominous Cowherd does.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

maybe he'll allow it if she wears a burqa

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

smart! very smart!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.