Freda asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 7 months ago

Question about foster care?

If a child goes missing under the care of foster parents, what happens if the child is never found? Are the foster parents allowed to care for any more children? Let's say the parents are decent people (employed, good house, etc.) and the child willingly ran away.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

It really would depend on the circumstances. Some would be allowed to still foster and others may lose their license.

• 7 months ago

There is no set answer for that - it would entirely depend on circumstances.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Way vague. In legal situations the devil's in the details. Insufficient facts = insufficient facts.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I would assume it depends on the child's age. If it is a teenager who has a history of running away from home then I doubt the foster parents would have to pay the price and never allowed to foster again.

Source(s): friends & family foster
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

If the child is never found then we would never really know if the kid ran away or if they lost the kid or if they did something to to the kid. Personally I think if you lose a kid never to be found then you should not be allowed to care for children. Also there are a lot of foster parents who just do it for the money and are abusive to kids. So if the kid did run away I would want to find out why from the kid before any other children were left in under their supervision.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.