What’s wrong with my 2002 Ford Mustang ABS light bulb?

Hello I own a 2002 Ford Mustang and recently I was replacing my ABS light bulb but the bulb I put in won’t work. I turn the car on and let it run it’s self test and the ABS light doesn’t turn on. It won’t turn on during self-test or after, it’s as if the ABS light bulb is pulled out but I just put a new one in there? And the old bulb doesn’t work either now. Do I need a new bulb? Or when a bulb is removed does it break the speedometer? Do I need a new speedometer now?

For things like this you need to see your Ford dealer

Those little plastic based bayonet bulbs can be tricky to get into the spedo cluster back-plane without busting off the flimsily metal contact sweepers. The Chinese ones are crap and are basically worthless or burn out very fast. Get the OEM quality ones at O'riles auto parts, they do sell them from a parts box in back. If they don't have them in stock, call around or go to the parts hub supplier. You want the ones with the hard tan plastic base, again the soft plastic white base ones are China crap and totally worthless!

When I install them, I always connect the harness and key on the ignition to test them before I take the time to reinstall the cluster, sometimes the little sweeper fingers on the bulb socket deals stress crack off and then you wasted a bunch of time on the repair with excessive R&R time.

There's nothing wrong with the bulb when you put it back in there's two ways that you can put the little bulb back in you have to pay attention that the contact make contact with the foil if you put the bulb in in the wrong position 10 vs 2 the contact will not contact the foil! And the bulb won't work so use yourself a felt-tip marker and mark off where the contacts are. Installed a new bulb and test it before you reassemble everything. If you put the contact in the correct position the bulb will work if you get it out of alignment of course it's not going to work