Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 6 months ago

What are aome good knives that a person can use for protection?

Update:

*some

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Kieth
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Ka-Bar, Gerber, SOG. You don't need a big knife for protection, a 3" blade can slash a deep wound. Hold it close, and if possible, don't even let them see it until it has their blood on it.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

K Bar Anything tactical

• Mr.357
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

By the time you learn to use a knife for protection, you will know.

• 6 months ago

Hand to hand training, any martial art is good. If you are already so close you need a knife, know how to use both a blade and your hands.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

honestly the only knife i personally would trust is something the size of a bowie knife. i always said id make a IWB sheath for it. jim bowie? i think his name was? he won TWO knife fights with that kind of knife. once hearing of his story i would not trust anything but a knife that large.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Ginsu. Non electric model.

• 6 months ago

I recall a well-known self defense instructor once said something like "99% of the people who ask me to recommend a self-defense knife don't realize that they're actually asking what's the best way to end up in prison, the hospital or the morgue..."

What he meant was that most people fail to understand that the tool is nowhere near as important as the training to use it properly and the awareness necessary to avoid situations where it would ever have to be used.

So it might not be the most "fun" answer or lead you to the coolest-looking knife.... but the best answer to your question is probably "the best knife for you is the one you feel best suits you after several months of self defense and knife technique training."

• ...Show all comments
    • Staap It
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I am trained . As YOU say, take out the knees, (a big guy usually has bad knees). Take out the knees put him on the ground and he ain't so big when crawling around on the ground. : )

• 6 months ago

You need a samurai sword

• Learn how to defend yourself without any weapons

• Joe
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Bad idea. Pepper spray is better for those who want protection but haven't been trained with weapons.

• Dimple
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Just keep a voodoo doll with you. If someone tries to hurt you.. just pull it out and tell them... you've cursed them for life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.