Would some companies accept a medical lab assistant for a medical assistant position?

I got my degrees in medical lb assisting but I can t find anything in it but I can find just regular medical assistant jobs does anyone know if some companies would take a medical lab assistant in place as a medical assistant?

Not if they require a certified MA , and not if you are unqualified such as having to give meds, shots do procedures etc. if they don’t care about the cert and are willing to train, maybe, but it would be easier to just hire a trained MA, They aren’t in short supply.

• RICK

They might

Approximately 40% of Medical Assistants never went to school, they learned OJT

There is no requirement that medical assistants be licensed or certified in any way.

However, there ARE certification programs available.

Whether any particular office wants to train their own or hire someone who already knows how to do the job is up to them.

It's not what you hope to hear, but I expect not. You have no degrees in medical assistance, so you're not qualified or trained to do that job.

Think of a person which a computer repair degree applying for a computer programming job.