I smell gas but there s no gas leak. Should I be worried?

We already had a gas line in our house but had a friend (who does this professionally and did this in his own home) add more caps for gas so that we could convert to a gas dryer and stove in the future. So these caps are here now and we have NOT converted to the new appliances yet. I smell gas coming from these... show more We already had a gas line in our house but had a friend (who does this professionally and did this in his own home) add more caps for gas so that we could convert to a gas dryer and stove in the future. So these caps are here now and we have NOT converted to the new appliances yet. I smell gas coming from these areas but my husband doesn t which is strange. We had our friend come back and he checked for leaks twice with the soap test. No leaks. It s been two days and I smell it even from outside now (it s a small mobile home so smells spread fast). I was told it could be carbon monoxide or mold but that doesn t make any sense to me since one is odorless and one smells totally different. Plus we have a carbon monoxide detector. What could it be if there are no leaks?
35 answers 35