Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 7 months ago

Riding a rollercoaster 21 and 33 weeks Pregnant.?

Me and a few friends are going to Six Flags next weekend. I'm going to be 33 weeks pregnant and one of the other girls are going to be 21 weeks. I was wondering if anyone knew what rides would be safe for us to ride.

It was a typo when I said roller coaster. I ment to say what rides can I ride

So I talked to my doc. He said use you best judgment look at signs and avoid anything with a bar across the belly.

That being said my friend still has a fairly flat stomach and if I put on a baggy shirt it's hard to tell so who knows...

So I just got back from the park about an hour ago. We kinda did an I'll go I'd you go sort of thing throught the day as far as rides go. I got a few odd looks from people but whatever. I think I went on about 10 rides. One of the rides did have a bar across the lap so I skipped out on that one, my friend however seemed to be comfortable with it so she road a few more rides then I did. I did get a little motion sickness towards the end but it wasnt even as bad as morning sickness.

Okay so as the night progressed my nausea kept getting worse I haven't gotten sick yet but in feeling pretty rough at the moment. Still think it was worth it though. Riding rollercoasters is a huge thrill and doing it while pregnant just added to the experience that much more.

Hey, I was wondering how your babies are doing? I was wanting to go on a few coasters next week before it gets to cold. I'm 26 weeks

• Mae3 weeks agoReport

Little one were born 100% healthy. 

I wouldn’t have even put my unborn child at risk.

• Mae7 months agoReport

I dont believe we put our child in any more risk then she would have been in a car ride.

If you sincerely want your babies to live and be healthy you would not be taking ANY risks. So if you lose your babies are you going to blame the theme park and not your own careless selfishness? Having children means sacrificing your own personal wants at times and you so clearly do not know that. So you felt nausea afterwards; poor you! How did your baby feel? If that's not selfishness I don't know what is. You both need to grow up and take responsibility for your actions. I don't care if you don't like my answer. Seems about time someone told you the honest truth. Hope you think more about this in the days to come.

Wow you should go to the doc mine told me stuff like that can kill your baby im going to a water park tomorrow and the only thing im going on is the kiddy slides, lazy river and wave pool staying in the back. I would never risk my child's life knowing a few min thrill could kill her. And this is justva small water park with a lot of slides i won't even go on the big ones let alone the a theme park ride! Shame on to

• Mae6 months agoReport

Nothing happened cause I was careful. I got off of 2 rides cause the restraints was across my stomach. And just hung out with my friend in line with no intention of getting on for 3 or 4 more cause the did look to rough.

Ferris wheel would be the only.ride and id stick to and games and holding friends bags sorry..

• Mae7 months agoReport

No way that was happening... if we were going we were going to have fun.

i think its best not go on any of their rides, you dont know what might go wrong

• Mae7 months agoReport

Nothing went wrong we all had fun.

• Edna

Neither you nor your friend should be riding a roller coaster at your advanced stages of pregnancy. You can ride the Flume ride, or the Ferris wheel, or the Run-away Mine Car, or even the Merry-Go-Round, but stay OFF the roller coaster.

Six Flags wouldn't even let you get on a roller coaster at 33 weeks pregnant.

• Edna

Tri-Harder I think you might want to have a talk with the management of Six Flags Over Texas about whether they'll allow an obviously pregnant woman to ride a roller coaster., and see what they tell you.

• blank

Seems contrary to common sense. Also seems (to me) that any expectant mom would be willing to sacrifice a 90 second or so thrill ride to ensure baby is safe. BUT if you just can't think of and put baby first for 7 or 19 weeks, at LEAST check with and follow your OB/GYN's advice.

• Mae7 months agoReport

Doctor said as long as I paid attention to signs which I did unless it was a ride we both agreed on. Use good judgment whic I think I did. And nothing across the belly which I dident do. I would probably be fine.

• Jose

You won't be allowed to ride most rides, especially roller-coasters.

• Mae7 months agoReport

Even with a baggy shirt my pregnant belly was still obvious. At the same time if I was asked I would have told the truth and gotten off if necessary.

they are not gonna let you ride most

• Mae7 months agoReport

Neither of us had a problem getting on any ride we wanted.